Our Mission Together we stand with those in desperate need.
We provide immediate relief and pathways to enable long term wellbeing.
HomeGround is Auckland City Missions new purpose built home. The project is the first of its kind in New Zealand and using an internationally proven best practice model of care, we aim to strengthen individuals, families and our community. Our state of the art building will provide a health & social services centre, detox facilities, residential units and a powerful, pragmatic activity program, covering everything from art and carving workshops, to conference and social enterprise opportunities.
We are now looking for an experienced, organised and energetic Front of House Manager to be the face of HomeGround.
As Front of House Manager you will manage the team that is the first point of connection with any visitor, client, donor volunteer or community member who enters HomeGround and ensure the spirit of Mana akiaki permeates all actions and interactions within. Your team will warmly welcome all; assess their needs and help them navigate to an appropriate support service or destination through a warm handover process.
You will work closely with the GM of Social Services & the Transition Manager to;
· Establish the Front of House function including security, reception, volunteer co-ordination, and appropriate transfer process to our internal social and health services
· Develop a team training programme for the function that compliments other service needs and incorporates our ‘Trauma Informed Care’ model
· Employ and train all staff
· Document function processes and systems
· Manage ongoing operation and improvement of the Front of House model
· Work in partnership with the Mission’s other client facing services to ensure the objectives of your service are met and enhanced.
To be successful in this position you will be an experienced manager from the hospitality or social services industry who has a minimum of 5 years leading a front of house or client facing service. You will demonstrate proven ability in establishing functions, developing successful teams, building successful working relationships across a multi-disciplinary organisation and have a reputation for delivering results and outstanding customer care. You will also have;
· A tertiary qualification in hospitality, social services or other related field
· Excellent communication, organisation and administrative skills
· An understanding of vulnerable people and the systems they engage with
· A strong sense of empathy and personal values that align with Auckland City Mission is essential.
This is an exciting role that will challenge you and give you the opportunity to be part of a unique project and an organisation committed to change. In return we offer an attractive salary plus benefits and the opportunity to work flexibly.
Apply now or contact Kylie.firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Manaakitanga is behaviour that acknowledges the mana of others as having equal or greater importance than one's own, through the expression of aroha, hospitality, generosity and mutual respect.
Committed to equity, seeking dignity for all we will fearlessly advocate with and for those who are going without.
Firstly, the Auckland City Mission recognises the principle of partnership within Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
Secondly, our commitment to partnership stems from a belief that manaakitanga, equity and social justice need to be pursued both within partnerships and through them.