Keyworker at HomeGround Apartments (HGA) is to provide support that will enable housing stability and empower residents to become independent, using a person-centred and holistic approach to connect them with services that support them to optimise their mental, physical, whanau and spiritual wellbeing.
In this role you will:
- Support Residents to maintain and sustain their tenancies
- Engage, build, and maintain positive working relationships with residents
- Identify residents who may benefit from supportive services e.g. paying rent on time, respecting their neighbours or complying with the house rules, links with health or mental health services
- Encourage engagement in any support services (internal and external) and the setting of individual goals and aspirations e.g. financial literacy, debt management, budgeting, education
- As required, assist residents moving from HGA to alternative living options
To be successful, you will:
- Collaborate with clients and service providers to provide tailored wrap around services
- Empathy towards and understand issues of trauma, mental health, addiction, poverty, and homelessness
- Understand and have experience with intensive clinical needs assessment and planning with vulnerable residents
- Provide partnering skills, with aptitude for getting things done through both formal and informal channels and possess personal integrity and reliability
- A full clean New Zealand Driver's Licence
- Join an organisation that is highly respected and has a strong community presence
- Make a positive impact in improving the lives of the people of Auckland
- Fantastic new building housing wrap around services
About the organization
Auckland City Mission has, for over 100 years, provided a range of Social Services for those in desperate need. While the people, their needs and consequently our services have changed over that time our philosophy of giving not charity, but a chance has not.
The services we offer at present are focused on giving a chance to people who are sleeping rough or who are inadequately housed, those who struggle with food insecurity, with drug and alcohol addiction, who need affordable primary healthcare, or any of the above and more.
How to apply: Click the "apply now" button to submit your current CV and Covering Letter
*Please note the Auckland City Mission’s policy is for all employees to have the Covid-19 vaccination including all COVID-19 booster vaccinations as evidenced by your My Vaccination Record.